Meridian, MS

Case Areas

personal injury

Auto accidents represent the most common type of personal injury claim. Whether your personal injuries and property damage are minimal or catastrophic, it may be necessary to have an attorney advocate on your behalf. Another type of personal injury case is a slip and fall accident. In the event you have sustained an injury from a fall due to the carelessness or negligence of a business and its personnel, you may be entitled to compensation.

Workers' Compensation

Workers’ compensation is a no-fault insurance plan which is required for every employer in the State of Mississippi with five employees or more with a few exceptions such as farmers or charitable organizations. No-fault means that if you are injured at work you are entitled to workers’ compensation even if no one did anything wrong to cause your injury.

Social Security

Social Security Disability benefits are available if you are unable to work for at least twelve (12) consecutive months due to an illness or injury. The applicant must be able to show that the impairment is so severe that gainful employment in the applicant’s previous position, or any other position for which he/she may be qualified is impossible.

About Will Parker

Here to provide you legal help!

Will Parker is a sixth generation Mississippian who was raised in Inverness, Mississippi located in the Mississippi Delta. Will received an undergraduate degree from Millsap’s College in 1990 and a law degree from the University of Mississippi Law School in 1994. Will moved to Meridian in 1994 and worked for The Hamilton Law Firm as an associate until 2003. That year, Will opened the Parker Law Firm. Since the late 1990’s, Will has focused on Worker’s Compensation claims, Social Security Disability, and personal injury claims including auto accidents and slip-and fall claims. In 2008, Will renovated a downtown building a few blocks from the Courthouse which is now the current location of his offices. His office is easily accessible and located at 2110 Front Street in the heart of downtown Meridian next door to Jean’s Restaurant.

Will Parker is a member of the Lauderdale County Bar Association, the Mississippi Bar Association, the Mississippi Association for Justice, and serves as a board member of the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Educational Association.

Frequently Asked Questions

Please note, I do not charge a fee for an initial consultation regarding worker's compensation, personal injury, or Social Security disability cases.

Worker's Compensation FAQs

What should I do if I am injured at work?

Following any accident at work, it is critical to report the accident to your employer as soon as possible. Sometimes injuries don't become noticeable until after the incident. Report an accident as soon as possible and report injuries as soon as you become aware of them, whether it is at the same time as the accident or later.

Can I still receive Worker's Compensation benefits if the accident was my fault?

Yes. Part of the purpose of the worker's compensation system is to provide benefits to injured workers without the need to prove who was at fault for the accident.

Can I see my own doctor?

Yes, in Mississippi you have the right to make an initial choice of physician. However, in some instances it is possible to waive that right and it is important that you seek an immediate consultation to determine your rights regarding the choice of your physician.

What benefits are available in Mississippi?

An injured worker is entitled to reasonable and necessary medical services. This will include payment of mileage going back and forth to the doctor and there should be no co-pays or deductibles for medical services.

An injured worker may be entitled to temporary disability benefits if he or she is taken off of work for an appropriate time by their physician. An injured worker may be also entitled to permanent disability benefits depending upon physical limitations assigned to him or her, their ability to return to work, and other factors.

Is there a deductible?

No. There is no deductible that applies to an injured worker. Also, an injured worker is entitled to worker's compensation benefits from day one of his or her employment.

Social Security Disability/Supplemental Security Income FAQs

When do I apply?

You should apply for disability benefits as soon as you become more disabled. However, if you have become disabled because of a worker's compensation injury you should consult with an experienced attorney before filing for Social Security disability benefits.

What do I need to apply?

  • Your Social Security number
  • Your birth certificate or other evidence of your date of birth
  • Military discharge papers if you were in the service
  • Your checking or savings account information so your benefits can be directly deposited
  • Names, addresses, and phone numbers of doctors, hospitals, clinics, institutions that treated you
  • A list of all places that you have worked in the last 15 years and kind of work that you performed
  • Dates of prior marriages

Is it necessary to hire a representative to represent me in my Social Security disability claim?

No. Any claimant may represent themselves. However, claimant's with the representatives win their cases more often than those not represented.

As a local attorney, I am much more familiar with your physician than attorneys/representatives outside of this area. The information that you obtain from your physician is critical to your claim.

Auto Accident FAQs

What should I do after an automobile accident has occurred and I have sought appropriate medical treatment?

First, you should NOT sign anything or give a RECORDED statement to anyone (this does not include giving your version of events to law enforcement at the scene of the accident).

Second, you should take photographs of your vehicle.

Third, seek legal consultation by calling my office at 601-483-0391 or 877-483-0391; we will work to make you an appointment as soon as possible.

Fourth, continue to seek medical treatment as your injuries may require.

What damages may I recover in an auto accident?

You may recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, property damage, and other damages.

Do I have to prove fault to collect damages?

Yes, it is necessary to prove the person who caused the accident was negligent/at fault in causing the accident which led to the damages you have suffered.

THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. This site is maintained by The Parker Law Firm, Meridian, MS office and is overseen by Will Parker.

ATTORNEY FEES: This firm operates under contingent fee agreements (This means no fee up front, but rather you are charged a percentage of any recovery.) for all personal injury matters including auto accidents, worker's compensation and Social Security disability matters.